Friday, June 8, 2012

It's FRIDAY Already?!

Where did my week go?  and today is DD's last day of 7th grade! the time is zipping and zooming by...

On Monday afternoon, I pulled out a few flimsys (or is it flimsies? or maybe even flimsiii?), in any event~I was seaming backings and putting them in the queue to quilt when the spirit strikes.  Not very exciting, I know but necessary.  :)

I had left out this barnyard panel trying to decide on a border.  I pulled the stripe out of the flimsy box~I must have thought I could use it somewhere...maybe a binding...who knows~  When I threw, er~gently placed~it...it landed on the barnyard panel and I thought, 'Hey, that might work' .  So I sew it together, seamed a backing and queued it.

On Tuesday, I fused a couple of tshirts.  The butterflies are going to be a new summer purse/backpack and the Milwaukee Admirals and Milwaukee Brewers will become garden flags. Thought I took a before photo~guess not...sorry :(

On Wednesday, I started sewing the butterflies.

OH NO!  talk about yuck!  I mis-cut and tried to selvage it.  maybe not!

On Thursday, I went shopping.  + 4 yards

I also decided to dig into the box of blues and make backings for the garden flags.  I then 505 them and they are currently drying.  They will get a simple straight stitch on Baby for quilting.




This morning,  a much better center panel.  :)


and this ends the school year sewing. 

Up next~summer sewing.  But truthfully, there are a few items I need to finish even though DD is out of school....maybe she'll sleep in!  LOL!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

second butterflies much better :) enjoy your summer with your DD!

apat2

Amy said...

Looks like your getting lots of work done. Next year will be your daughter's last year of junior high. Time flies by so quickly.