Wednesday, November 20, 2013

WIP Wednesday (on Wednesday, *wink*!)

In honor of Veteran's Day last week, I decided to finish sewing on a QOV UFO.

I first posted about this quilt here, but then realized that I need to make more blue crumb blocks to bring it to size.  I went with option B and added an inner and outer border.

Wow ~ I just noticed this was my July QOV project!

Where did this year go?!


I made a few tall maverick stars to break up all the chaos from the crumb blocks.  Directions from Sophie can be found here.

I am way more busy with DD's hockey team, The Waukesha County Wolves than I originally thought so my time is limited in the sewing room.

I think this might be where my year of 2013 might have gone.  LOL!!!

Posts might be far and few between as we get into more games this season!



This is DD in her Away uniform.  :)

and check out this cute card DD made for her friend's birthday party last week!  Her friend is a huge fan of *Minions*!  DD still had the creative style!!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Great-looking QOV - the stars and borders make the crumb blocks shine. Nice job!

Terri said...

Love the QOV! Now we know where the DD gets her card making creativity from!
Way to go Girls!
Hugs

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ummm - Total LOVE on that QOV... and your daughters card - sweet!

Cher said...

adorable card! yes, she continues to have great creative skills! and what a great photo of her in her hockey uniform..wow..she is growing up! glad to know what is keeping yo u busy this year...

Judy S. said...

Love those red stars! They really add a lot to the quilt.