Friday, May 15, 2015

Whoop! Whoop! 5.15.15

I finished two quilts for Sarah's Hands2Help quilt challenge!

Click on sidebar icon ---> to be taken to the Hands2Help information page! There is still time to be involved! Last year I won two charm packs and this year I turned them into quilts.

My quilts are about 46 x 66 so I think they will work for the Happy Chemo! charity!

 I found this tutorial by Jo at Jo's Country Junction but what really intrigued me was how she prepared her back.  :) Combine this idea with the fact that Lee from Freshly Pieced Modern Quilts just spoke at my day guild and the ideas started jellin' together.

Here is the first quilt made with the Little Black Dress charm pack.

Here is the second quilt made with the other charm pack.

I quilted both with the plumage panto -- I thought the negative space needed the texture a feather type panto would give.







I'm linking up today with:

Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict 

and 

Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts

3 comments:

Mari said...

Both lovely quilts and sure to make someone's day! Love the quilting. It's the perfect pattern for all that space.

Tired Teacher said...

They are lovely and a great way to showcase the charms.

Lara B. said...

These two quilt will be well loved Pat!