Saturday, July 25, 2015

Saturday's Sewing 7.25.2015

…and a little from Friday, too!

About three years ago, I brought the Strip Tube Ruler while at the Madison (Wisconsin) Quilt Expo.

I was intrigued by the technique and the resulting blocks.


Fast forward to May 2015, Terri at Ben Franklin Crafts demonstrated the Strip Tube Ruler at Quilt Club. I was once again, intrigued.

So I dug out the ruler and found a pattern I liked on Pinterest -- sorry no link back as it was uploaded by the Pinterest Board User --- and set to work on it.

Here is what I have so far.

The black is a little short so I need to make another tube set to get the three remaining blocks blocks. I'm really liking it but all the edges are bias. Hope I don't pull *it* all out of shape as I sew it together!

1 comment:

Tired Teacher said...

I like it!

I have some rulers that I don't have a clue how to use to their full potential.